Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Tips to make your hair color last

 
As you have realized, your hair only seems vibrant a couple weeks after coloring it. Is there anything that you can do to help slow the fading process? Sure! While your color won't last forever, it will last longer if you follow these easy steps:
 
After dunking into saltwater or chlorine, be sure to rinse your hair with fresh water. Chlorine is especially hard on bright blonde hair.
 
Unfortunately the sun can fade your hair. To keep the UV rays from taking away your brilliant color, try some type of hat while out in direct sunlight.
 
Rinse your hair in cool water while taking a bath.
 
Try to use very little heat styling. This includes blow dryers. Let your hair air dry when possible.
 
Recolor your hair as often as recommended.
 
Use specific shampoo and conditioner designed for color treated hair.
 
Last but not least, be sure to use leave in conditioner and/or heat protectant spray to help keep your hair moisturized and protected longer from heat damage.
 
Below are a couple products I recommend you try:
 
Color Extend Shampoo, 33.8 oz
Source: Walgreens
 
You really can't go wrong with Redken. The reviews are great and the results are satisfying. Be sure to look for their conditioner as well!
 
Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender & Leave-in Conditioner
 
Source: Target
Leave in conditioner will not only help with those dry split ends but it will help lock in moisture to keep your color vibrant a little longer. Target usually has a sale on this particular kind. I use it and like it so far.
 
CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray, 8.5 oz
 
 
Source: Walmart
I love this stuff! It seems to help and usually leaves my hair feeling better afterwards. I am guilty of straightening my hair almost daily so I keep a bottle of this around.
 
Back to Basics Coconut Mango Rich Moisture Shampoo - 33 oz / liter
 
I purchased these at my hair salon and thought that they worked really well. I definitely recommend them =)
 
Last but not least....
 
Biolage Color Care Conditioner - 33.8 oz
Matrix with Biolage!
Source: Target
Like Redken, its a little spendy but I love it! The smell is nice and I at least like to think that I notice a difference when I use this product =)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment