Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Then and now fashion trends

So I had a guy not too long ago mention to me that he noticed women are better looking today in some ways more then they were in previous decades. I thought about it for a moment and then it hit me... my best friend and I always comment to each other how we wished that we knew this makeup technique when we were in high school or how we wished that they had this fashion trend back when we were a little younger. As time passes of course new ideas are released to the public and the future of makeup and fashion will only grow! I thought it would be fun and neat to do a quick blog about then and now!
 
 The 80's:
One word... Madonna!
Big frizzy hair, large colorful accessories, dramatic and colorful makeup and over sized tops.
 
 
oh yeah... it wouldn't be the 80's without the Aqua Net! My mom used to have this on hand at all times lol!
 
 
 
The 90's:
The transition from big frizzy hair to straight, flat, simple styles. Floral dresses, bright colors, high waisted jeans and dark lipsticks. Ahh the 90's ha ha =)
 
 
 Early 2000's:
 
 
 
Flares, bell-bottoms, belly baring tops, short hair cuts and sleek hair gelled back come to my mind!
 
Late 2000's
 
 
 
Layers! Longer hair is starting to make a comeback, ballet flats are almost everywhere at this point, accessories of all kinds are a hit, wearing multiple bracelets at once and big rings are in too. 
 
TODAY:
 
I will show you what I personally find neat and what I would not consider "better looking"... its just my opinion so please don't take offense!
 
Um NO...
 
 
 
and no...
 
 
 
I'm not a real big religious person but Jesus is my homeboy and this is just NOT my thing. If its yours... good for you?
 
Moving along...
 
This is what I do dig:
 
 
 
skinny jeans, heels, long flowing hair, and pastel colored accessories =)
 
Now back to what that man had said... women today have a few more advantages then earlier years. Most men don't fully understand what us women secretly do in the bathroom which takes us a lifetime to get ready... but we aren't just watching the clock... we are busy! now days we have contouring techniques that we know how to do at home, false eyelashes to apply, sometimes hair extensions, teasing of our hair to give the look of more volume without having to go all 80's on it, hidden heel wedge shoes to add height, big padded push up bras thanks in part to there being a Victoria's Secret in nearly every mall now, not just tanning salons but tanning lotions and spray, teeth whitening kits and procedures, better tattoo coloring, etc etc I could keep going on....
Even photo shopping has become so common and easy for anyone to use!
My point is... it might not only be an opinion but maybe a fact as well that people are being better looking over time. Advancements in technology and style has a great deal to do with it and there are more products to offer then the ladies in the generations before us.
No matter how much I adore fashion and creating things... I will always be a believer that true beauty is within =)
 
Side note: Today I purchased Fergie's Hollywood Walk of Fame By Wet n Wild at my local Walgreens. Its a cool nail polish to try out!
 
Wet n Wild Fergie Nail Color, Hollywood Walk of Fame
 

No comments:

Post a Comment