Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Hair For The Big Day

Hello readers! Step into this brides world as she is trying to figure out just what to do about her hair.
I usually have zero problem coloring my hair on a whim. I have had all kinds of colors from black, all types of brown, red, bright blonde, fuchsia, multi-colored, etc. You would think I wouldn't have a problem making a decision, but nope. I went back and forth, back and forth until I finally showed up at my stylists house with my extensions in hand and said... "What do you think?"
 I figured I would start off safe and go with a brown and blonde ombre. She did a great job lifting the black out of my hair. She also colored it something close to a dirty blonde and colored the top brown. I was happy. I went on with my day but when I got home I looked in the mirror and said "No guts, no glory!" I realized I was going to regret not having at least a little purple in my hair. Don't ask why purple. In my opinion, it can look pretty for a hair color and it was also one of our wedding colors so... why not?!
With only about two days until the wedding, I had to make some changes to my hair and fast!! The pressure was on!
I couldn't add purple strands to the ombre I had going on so I had to color brown over parts of the dirty blonde. I felt bad because it is very hard on your hair to lift black and here I just wasted part of that process but it had to be done if I wanted purple added. When all was said and done I now had my dark brown on top but it blended in and mixed with purple chunks and the dirty blonde as it went down to the ends. Sounds odd but the results were great!!
 
 
Now that the wedding is over, I am glad I took a risk and added a pop of color to my hair! It really stood out against my all white dress =)
Where can you pick up a similar color? Check out your local Sally Beauty Supply or CLICK HERE to check them out online!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment