Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

My busy week w/car shopping etc

I'm on a roll tonight through tomorrow with creating a bunch of blogs! It was a real busy week and I promised myself I wouldn't wait until the last minute again. Whelp, here I am with about 26 hrs on the clock and a whole lot of typing to do, haha!
This week was really important for me though because I spent the first part of it researching my little heart out on the top three cars I wanted to purchase. Ive been looking at cars since august but I finally narrowed it down to which ones I was most interested in. I went brand new last time with a 2007 Chevy Cobalt Coupe. It was a fun little car to drive. Perfect for an 18 yr old like myself at the time with no kids or a husband to haul with. Now days, I'm a mommy and a wife-to-be so goodbye two door coupe, hello sedan! For those of you soccer moms out there, do your thang! I'm just not the type to rock a mini van Plus, I have one child so its not necessary, haha. Anyways, we drove around this week test driving some cars. I was actually considering a hatch back Malibu Maxx since it had a rear sunroof that my son could enjoy and plenty of room in back for his belongings. The turn off was when I went for the test drive and heard a few noises and then the check engine light came on. For real? If you're gonna put a car out on the lot, at least make sure its ready to be sold. That car was at the bottom of my budget though so I figured if I'm going to get what I pay for, I'm going to have to spend a little more. We looked at a better Malibu but I wasn't feeling the green exterior. When you have found the right car, you will know it! Well we ended up going to a dealership that my fiances family just bought a car from and my fiance also goes there for work done on his own car. They had a really pretty blue Dodge Avenger for sale there that I wanted to drive by and... basically dream about! Haha, the price tag was more than I wanted to spend that day so I almost told my fiance to keep driving but something told me to step out and just take a look. As I did, a sales men stepped out and offered me the keys for a test drive. I hesitated but said "Sure, why not?" The moment I put it in drive I was in love!! This car was quiet, the steering was tight, the ride was smooth and it was perfect! I've always wanted either a Dodge Avenger or a Dodge Charger. When we got back the salesman told me to come inside so we could discuss the car. He got his boss and we sat down at the table. I asked what the total was going to be with all the fees included. It was about $600 more than I had so they dropped the price $600 and said it would be mine. Fast forward until now and I am the proud owner =) The Cobalt is a long story which I wont get into but lets just say this new car is well deserved and I couldn't be happier!

My favorite feature about our new car... the dash that contains a cooler. Check it out:



Great for long road trips or snacks for the kiddos!

If you are on the hunt for a new/used car, check out Carsoup or Autotrader. Don't forget to look up the Kelley Blue Book value!

No comments:

Post a Comment