Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

More DIY headboard examples

I am officially on the hunt for a vintage headboard! If you missed my blog yesterday, I had put up a bunch of photos of headboards that were re-done and looked absolutely amazing! If I cant find the style I am looking for, I know a carpenter who will make me the simple framework. The painting and designing I will do myself =) I hope I can come up with something in a few weeks! When I do I will definitely create a blog all about how you can create your own! 
I'm still searching online for the perfect inspiration for my future design. Pinterest has a lot of examples of headboards that were created with old doors and window shutters. After all, the old vintage/rustic look is trending right now! Growing up, my mom decorated our house with antiques, country kitchen items and rustic designs. I never would of guessed that one day it would be in style. I dreaded it back then, but can appreciate it now.
 
Yesterday I put up some of my favorite headboard styles. Today I'm sharing some of the different ways you can make a headboard. Check out the examples below:
 
Here is an inexpensive way to decorate either you or your child's bed area. Try headboard wall decals! Pinterest has a lot of great adult bedroom examples for this idea!
 
Pinned Image
 
 
Old doors? Why not?! They have character and give off an old charm!
 
Pinned Image
 
 
Fabric! A great idea for those who like to sit up in bed and read a book... or those who are like me and sit up blogging ;)
 
Pinned Image
 

 
You can always use curtains!
 
Pinned Image
 
 
Add a glow with lighting! Very inexpensive but so dramatic.
 
Pinned Image
 
 
 
This is a great idea: Staple a shower curtain to a large wooden frame!
 
Pinned Image
 
 
The possibilities keep going! I'm excited to see what I can come up with =)


No comments:

Post a Comment