Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

WEDDING DRESS!!!

Hey everyone! Unfortunately I wont be sharing a picture of my dress before the big day, haha. Sorry! I will tell you about my experience today however!
My best friend and I went to David's Bridal. It was my first time out looking and trying on a dress. I went with the plan of just buying it today and getting it over with! The wedding is in May and I'm starting to feel like time is going by faster and faster so I don't want to be too picky at this point. I knew I would find one that I loved... and I did =)
I'm usually not a big complainer... I think I'm doing a pretty good job of not being a bridezilla ;) but unfortunately my consultant was a little hard to connect with. She showed little personality and very little sense of humor. She was trying to sell me dresses over my budget which was getting annoying. It was painfully obvious that she was paid on commission. I had a decent budget to work with though, so I got to try on a lot of different styles from the A-frame, the mermaid, the princess, etc. When I would come out of the dressing room wearing a gown, the other consultants would walk over and strike up conversation with me and my bridesmaid so that helped. They were very kind! All of us brides-to-be were stealing glances at each other to see what the other one was wearing, haha. It was kind of funny. The girl next to me was trying on dresses for a few thousand dollars! Mine was a little spendy at first, but after the sale price I came out with extra cash in my pocket so that felt great! I felt pretty accomplished after that =) Both my best friend and I agreed that the dress I ended up picking out was not the style we both thought I would of liked. I can't say much more than that but I will say it's gorgeous and I'm going to feel very much like... like a princess in a fairytale, haha =)
When I said "This is the one!" the consultant gave me a bell, told me to make a wish about the wedding day, keep the wish a secret, and ring the bell!! Once I did that everyone stopped to clap! I had no idea they did that. Our next trip I'm getting my accessories and sending the bridesmaids in to get their dresses! I'm very excited for that! I've said too much so I'm done for now! Have a good night everyone =)
 
By the way, I do recommend David's Bridal despite my own consultant being a little hard to connect with. Everyone helping around the store was amazing and the other consultants were very genuine! Great selections too! Click here and feel free to check out their website!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I got my dress at David's too, lol, maybe we had the same consultant because she only showed me expensive dresses. Lol. But all the other consultants did the same thing coming by to say something about this dress or that dress I was wearing. They didn't do the bell thing for me though. :( That's neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember them ringing the bell when I went there for other people in the past. They must of just started it. Right from the start my consultant asked me what my price range was and she was like well we will look at dresses a couple hundred over. Her reasoning was because they had a sale. Funny thing is, most of the sales were only fifty to a hundred off. I would if still been over my budget!! I picked out my own in my price range... im very happy with it :)

    ReplyDelete