Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Braving the crowds in search of things for the wedding

Since I cant guarantee that I will be able to be at the stores right when they open up the day after christmas, I went out today to at least get a 30% off discount. Right now I'm focusing on finding more white mini lights for the wedding... but with white cords, not green. Target sells an off brand... forgive me but I'm drawing a blank at what they are called... I know they say decor on the center of the box though. Anyways they are lights that are good quality and a lot cheaper. Look for them at the end of the isle of lights. I stocked up on three large packages of 350 (white) lights each. Make sure to get the ones with the white cord unless you don't mind green with your wedding decor. Then I purchased three crystallized light up branches which I plan to use for our head table.
I made my way over to Joann Fabrics as well but they were already really picked over as far as christmas decor goes. Almost everything was already 70% off. I really wanted to pick up these pretty little sparkling bird cage ornaments that could easily be used for a wedding but out of the ten that they had left, only one wasn't broken! No luck there, haha. I'm focusing on lights and flowers for our reception decor. I love anything that lights up and/or sparkles. What I really need to do right away after the new year is get our save the dates and invites sent out! I know, I know... I'm being a complete slow poke with those! If it weren't for the holidays I would of had them sent out already, haha.
 Click here for a link to holiday mini lights sold at your local Target. They are battery operated and also work great for crafts and decoration! You will find wedding ideas where you least expect it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment