Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

For the ladies

I mentioned in a previous blog that I would comparing more expensive nail polish to those that are more affordable. I tried brands from O.P.I sold at Regis Hair Salon at a whopping $8.50 a bottle to N.Y.C. sold at Target for under $2. Do you always get what you pay for?
 
 
 
The pros of spending more on nail polish:
 
 The quality does seem to be better and when I say better I mean the color is usually more rich. The paint seems a little more thick. I didn't need to put on as many coats. I did notice less chipping which is a huge plus. I found most brands from Sally Beauty Supply and Nail Polish sold in salons such as O.P.I. to over all work better than less expensive brands.
 
The cons:
 
They are expensive =(
The color selection is limited depending on where you shop
 
The pros of spending less on nail polish:
 
If you are shopping in a department store, you will find that the color selection of cheaper nail polish is much greater than the smaller selection of more expensive brands. I usually get sucked into the bright or sparkling colors made by cheaper brands such as Sinful Colors. You can also afford to buy more when you are only spending a couple bucks on each.
 
The cons:
 
The quality is usually a little disappointing.
Also, most do start to chip within the first 24 hours of applying the paint.
 
I have personally been most disappointed with Wet n Wild and Sinful Colors. Both chip fast and Sinful Colors had a few that went on really thin, needed multiple coats, and turned a funny looking color that didn't match the bottle. I cant say that I wont ever buy another color from them again, but I will be more careful. That is just my personal take though. So which would I buy? Well, I sure as heck wont spend $8.50 every time I want a new color, but I did find a way to make the inexpensive colors last a little bit longer...
 
 
I found this at a local store and I have been putting one coat on top of all of my nail colors for past few weeks and it has noticeably slowed down the chipping process. I recommend it. The reviews were good. Plus it adds a little extra shine.
Click here to check it out at Ulta Beauty.
 I also have thin nails so I bought the Revlon Calcium Gel Nail Hardener. Its in a bottle just like the one shown above. I also recommend that.

No comments:

Post a Comment