Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Tips for fighting the winter blues

Leave it to good ole' Cosmo to give more good advice... this time on battling those winter blues! They seem to creep in after the excitement of the holidays pass and the new year has begun. Personally, by the Beginning of February I'm really beginning to miss going outside without freezing and slipping around just by walking out to check my mail. I love winter, but I just wish it didn't have to last so long.
A few tips are as follows:
Cosmo and I both definitely agree that now is the time to redecorate! Try to avoid cool colors such as blue or gray and spice up your home with warm colors! Trust in me when I say that this will bring a touch of warmth to not only your home but your mood as well! I painted my bedroom walls orange when I was younger and I always felt like my room was cozy and vibrant!
Plan an outdoor trip! Visit new places within driving distance of your home. Its a great time to explore historic areas or try a new shopping center.
I suggest picking up a winter activity such as snowmobiling or snowboarding. It gives you something to look forward to when the snowballs fly and you might build a new appreciation for the change of weather.
Before I forget, winter wouldn't be the same without a fresh cup of coffee! If you are not a coffee drinker, stock up on some hot cocoa =)
 
 
 
Click here for Cosmo's complete list of ways to beat the winter blues

No comments:

Post a Comment