Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A totally cool DIY project!

 
Hello everyone! Its been another busy day in our household with work, mommy duties, a cool photo session for our child, and i finally carved out some MUCH needed time for a DIY project!! I'm so wrapped up in family life, trying to practice photography, and planning a wedding that i cherish my alone time to do these type of things, haha.
Anyways, since I'm into photography, it makes sense that I'm also into creating neat frames. Its hard to find the right frame... the color might be wrong, the size, style, the price, etc... i mean come on, $20 for a frame? Shut the front door, haha! With that said, i got the idea to use old frames and give them a new look. I'll give some credit to Pinterest. That site is amazing!
Here is what you need:
a cup with water to dip your brush
acrylic paint
frames
photos or scrapbook paper to put in the frames once you're finished
brushes
a towel for messes
 
 
Now let the fun begin!
 
 
...After the first few strokes of my brush with my lavender paint. I found this little frame at the thrift store. Its really heavy and has beautiful detail. I wish i could find more frames like this one! They are hard to come by.
 
 
 
Check out the finished product! I am in love with the bright purple! I'm not sure if i will put one of my child's pictures in it from his photo session tonight but until i decide, i put a piece of scrapbook paper in for decoration. I'm excited to find a place to hang it =)
 
 
 
Here is a picture of one of the oval frames posted above. I'm taking out the screws so i can paint the frame.
 
 
I'm not sure whether i want to add our own photos or put scrapbook paper in. Until i make up my mind, here is what they look like so far. The cream colored frames are from a previous project. It took at least 5 layers of paint but they dried very fast. This whole project took just over an hour. It might take two for a beginner. Its super easy, inexpensive, and fun! If you get tired of the decoration inside the frame, switch out the photos or put different scrapbook paper designs inside. You can even go as far as repainting the frames!
 All of the supplies needed can be found at craft stores such as Michael's or Joann Fabrics. Happy Painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment