Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thoughts, dreams, and ideas

 
Whats up readers?!
 
Ive been keeping pretty busy with many different things since this summer. One thing that i started last summer but never lifted off the ground was building my model/fashion portfolio. I took a couple pictures just so i had something. Then when i went to take the next step and contacted a photographer in the twin cities, things came up and it got put on the back burner.
Well, here might be a blog to get the motivation flowing! Ever since i got our camera and I've had some time to reflect on what else it is id like to do before i get too old. I remembered how i really wanted to give it a shot at putting together a modeling/fashion portfolio. Right now I'm looking for a local photographer who might be able to do the job. I entered KDWB's 2012 Hot Moms of Minnesota totally thinking i wouldn't have much of a shot at getting selected. I didn't even share with anyone but like two people what i was doing. Back then my confidence was shaky. There are so many girls out there wanting to do the same thing as me and I'm definitely not one to be full of myself by any means. With that said, just wasn't so sure id make it. Well, i did. Then i made it to the finals. Then i finished with 2nd place. Honestly, 1st and 2nd place were the two positions i was satisfied with so i was very happy! I also had no idea that they were going to use my story under my picture (too long to explain that part of my life right now) so when i realized i had just opened myself up to everyone in Minnesota, i was really taken back but i don't regret a thing. I didn't care about the prize. I didn't care what others thought of my appearance and my story. The only thing i wanted out of that was the feeling i got that if i set out to do something, i CAN do it! Its a great feeling. I had a lot of people i didn't know inbox me on facebook with some of the sweetest messages. A couple random people seen me out and about and wanted to know more about my story. 
I thought there was a few girls in the contest who were better looking then me. Lets face it, there is always going to be someone better than you AND someone worse off out there. I'm humble because I've seen myself at the lowest of lows and I'm aware none of us are perfect. We aren't hear to be the best of the best. To me, that's not what first place is about. Life is 100% about happiness and what you can do to be productive for the time that you are here. Learn and grow as much as you possibly can. Take chances and put yourself out there. It doesn't mean you are conceded, it means you are strong enough to put yourself on the line! I realized if i can do this, then i can do other things on my bucket list! Photography, here i come!
 
  I'm going to keep blogging about my love for art, share my ideas, and encourage everyone to dig deep down and find your motivation to start checking things off of your list of accomplishments! It all starts with a simple question: What do YOU want to do for yourself?
 
 
 
I'm really not sure what to dedicate this particular post to today... finding a link was a little tough since there isn't a particular product or idea i was aiming for. I stepped outside of the box for a moment, haha. Those of you interested in setting goal though, click here.  I'm off to start finding ideas to blog about for black friday and all the holiday madness (eek!) Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment