Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Lets kick this off!

    Welcome to my first of many blogs about crafts, fashion, and anything closely related! I'm a mommy to a 19 month old little boy but when i get a chance to do something for myself, i love to create and be artistic. The first thing i usually do when i go somewhere is look around and decorate it in my head, haha. I love to mix modern with vintage so you might notice that in the future. There is really no right or wrong about fashion. Its kind of like music, most people have their own preference. Its just another way to express yourself!
    Everything does seem to go out of style but the good thing is, a lot of it will have a new and improved comeback in the future. Ive seen some pretty outrageous outfits and decor but that's just my opinion. It might be a genius idea to another! A important tip id like to share is DO NOT spend a lot of money on a current trend! When it goes out of style in the near future you will have an expensive clothing item collecting dust in a closet. Don't do it, haha! Go to a thrift store that sells gently used current trends for less such as Plato's Closet or find a sale. Where i spend more money on clothes is on outfits that i know i can reuse over and over on various styles such as jeans, coats, certain shoes, or tops that are timeless. Take a look at the picture below:

 
   All the way to the right is a shot of the entire outfit. Those are floral leggings from Aeropostale. They are cheap to begin with but this is an example of an item i wouldn't recommend spending too much on. The reasoning is simple, a few years ago these were not in style and I'm sure in a few years they will be in back of the closet so its not worth it to spend too much for something that's a fad. However, the locket and blue button up top with matching blue tank top is something i would pay full price for if i had to because i can mix and match those items with a ton of other clothes in my closet. Ive paired those tops and that piece of jewelry with many other outfits and made it worth my buck.
    I hope you liked my into to my new blog! Feel free to leave me comments =)

*The complete outfit above was sold at Aeropostale in the summer of 2012. This includes the necklace. Some items might not be sold anymore... i waited until the necklace went on sale. They wanted $20 and i paid $5... score! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment