Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Testing haircare and make-up products

Hey readers!! It's a cold day up here but us Minnesota girls know how to keep it hot... sort of ;) I did come across a product that I tested out and i will be back for more... I purchased the Maybelline 14 hour super stay lipstick and it was worth it! 
 
 
The color is called Eternal Rose... its kinda flashy but you only live once so why not? They have the 24 hour kind as well and i think that's the one I'm going for next. Did this one last 14 hours? No, but it did last longer than the Revlon lipsticks I usually buy (or any other kind for that matter). Revlon went on with more moisture but didn't last too long. I have zero luck when it comes to cheap lipstick such as Wet N Wild. Not dissing it, I just cant get it to last or find a decent color for my liking.
 
 
 
 At some point through out the day I must of rubbed my lipstick in too much because my fiance said I had a pink mustache... lovely, haha =-{] I'm such a dork!
Aside from make-up I'm testing out hair care products. Everyone who knows me well knows that I (surprisingly) have extremely curly hair. You wouldn't know it because I usually straighten it everyday. I know, I know... I'm crazy! I have a hard time taming my curls. They seem to have a mind of their own. Plus, I have a more square face so I like how long sleek hair looks on me. Like they say, you always want what you can't have!
I recommend BigSexyHair conditioner. Walmart sells it for around $11 a bottle. It gives as much of a noticeable effect as a bottle of $18 conditioner. Love it! I also love Biolage by Matrix. Its a little more spendy but the results and scent are worth it. Nexxus is one that I'm actually not too impressed with. I just think for spending that much, I should notice more of a difference. Remember that everyone has a different hair type and just because it didn't work well for me, doesn't mean you will have the same results. As for shampoo, I just stick with more cheap brands. There are a few ingredients you want to make sure to avoid though. I'll make a blog in the future about what you should look out for.
That's it for today! I Hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to surviving our first cold MONDAY of the season, haha =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment