Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Something cute and simple to create!

Hello readers! I decided the other day that our home was missing something. I realized it needed a pop of color and something to make the rooms feel a little more alive?! I went up to Family Dollar and purchased some simple yellow fake flowers for a couple bucks. After that I stopped in quick at Walmart and picked up a sack of vase fillers for less than 5 bucks. I also picked up a frosted jar with a neat bird design which was also less than 5 bucks. Birds and jars are trending right now along with the rustic/glam look! I was able to put together a simple but adorable flower arrangement that really added a lot to our room =)
 

 
Two more things...
 
As I was walking through the store I also noticed that Walmart sells all different sizes of Ball jars with lids and bands. These are also PERFECT for crafts =)
 

 Ball 12-Count Regular Mouth Half-Pint Jars with Lids and Bands
Last but not least, I'd like to share with you a blog that I came across that shows you how to make a similar jar to the one I have above! Its a real easy DIY project!

*NOTE: The photo below is NOT my work. Please check out the source below and give them the credit for this last part of the blog =) Thank you!

Check out what they created:





 
Source: Click Here
 
Materials Needed:
A jar of your choice (The ones from Walmart work great)
A flexible wire
Wire cutter
Pencil
Star or other sticker with a defined shape
Spray frost (its just like spray paint but comes out like frost!)
 
Follow the SUPER EASY steps on this ladies blog to make adorable jars perfect for flower vases, candy holders, decoration, or any other neat craft ideas! These also make neat gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment