Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finally getting to the fun part in photography class

If you are a photographer, you will understand my giddy mood when it came to my first day learning how to photo shop! When I have seen local photographers post pictures on Facebook or Instagram, I often wondered how they made the photos so colorful. Not to mention so dramatic! I wanted to know how to make the photos really come to life so I signed up for a class teaching you about your camera and another class that teaches all about photo shopping. I can photo shop OK on my own, but I wanted to know how to change backgrounds, add people into images or anything more difficult then just hitting the contrast button! I was taught how to properly use tools such as the burn tool, lasso, adjust levels and a lot of other things so far. We were given an unedited photo on the computer and supposed to try to use the tools we just learned about to make the unedited photograph come to life. Then the instructor would show us his finished edited version of it and we would all compare. As long as we could use the tools correctly, we weren't failing if our photo didn't look exactly the way he edited his. Why? Photography is art. Everyone can create their own masterpiece. Just make sure the photo is in focus where it should be and that you don't let your photos have noise. Its amazing how much you can doctor up a photo otherwise worth deleting! I'm so excited to learn more =) If you are interested in the same, check out your local Community ED classes for any photography courses. My home town only provides one so I got signed up down in the cities where they had at least 4-5 different classes. I'm taking two, one of which is in depth and runs for just under two months. Its with a real college instructor which makes it all the better. Worth every penny!
Here is the photo shop program I use at home:
http://success.adobe.com/en/na/sem/products/photoshopelements.html?kw=p&sdid=FIUKP&skwcid=TC|22180|elements%20photoshop||S|e|15612964394&ef_id=UQxKywAAVHai4y@M:20130208042757:s

No comments:

Post a Comment