Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easy Teacher Gift

Coming up with gifts for teachers is a tough thing to do. I always want the gift I give my kid's teachers to have a little meaning behind it and for the gift to be useful. I have thought up a few ideas but I really like this idea because the kids can help me make them. One Saturday morning the kids and I made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread then added them in glass bottles I bought at target and walah instant gift. Check out the recipe at the bottom to make your own!

Instead of putting a label (like the one in the picture) I had the kids draw their own special picture and message for their teachers. I gave this for Christmas and for the end of the school year I came up with a lemonade idea! Stay posted for more teacher gift ideas!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Quick Bread
1. In a large bowl, mix the contents of this bottle: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips.
2. In a small bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, and 1/4 cup melted butter.
3. Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).
4. Scrape into a buttered and floured 9- by 5-inch loaf pan (with a 9-cup capacity), and bake in a 350° oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment